2011 All-Star Game
The Coastal Plain League 2011 All-Star Fan Fest and All-Star Game will be hosted by the Fayetteville SwampDogs on July 17th and 18th at J.P. Riddle Stadium (aka “The Swamp”) in Fayetteville, N.C.
The two-day event will feature a Fan Fest on the night before the All-Star Game, highlighted by a All-Star Home Run Derby. The league’s annual All-Star luncheon and All-Star Game will take place the following day. There will be several opportunities for fans to interact with the All-Stars during the event.
How Players Are Selected:
The 2011 Coastal Plain League All-Star Teams will be voted upon by each of the 15 head coaches and one media representative for each club. Possible All-Star candidates will be listed by position on their respective divisional (North, South, West) ballot, of which the coaches and media will vote from. Head coaches will not be allowed to vote for their own players, while Media reps will. The votes will be tallied and the 54 All-Stars will be known.
Then, the two All-Star head coaches will take part in a draft to see which team (National or American) each All-Star player will end up on. The All-Star head coach with the highest winning percentage in the first half of the regular season will pick first and via a teleconference with the League office, the two coaches will go back and forth filling their rosters until the last player is taken.
How Coaches Are Selected:
The 2011 Coastal Plain League All-Star Coaches will be determined based on First-Half Champions and overall winning percentage in the first half. The two All-Star head coaches will be the two coaches with the best overall winning percentage in the first half and who also won their respective division’s First-Half championship. The remaining coach from the other divisional First-Half championship team will be an assistant for one of the two All-Star teams based on geographics.
Out of the remaining coaches, the one with the next best overall winning percentage in the first half will be the other assistant coach. Finally, the remaining head coaches from the remaining CPL clubs not represented yet will all serve as an assistant for one of the two All-Star teams.
Box Seats - $14 two different tickets
GA Seats - $10 two different tickets
GA Seats Military, Senior, Child - $9
Single Game Tickets
Box Seat - $7
GA Seat - $5
Military, Senior, Child - $4
Box Seat - $9
GA Seat - $7
Military, Senior, Child - $6
Hotel Bordeaux and Conference Center
1707 Owen Dr
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Ask for the All-Star rate ($89)
2011 Home Run Derby Rules:
- Three Rounds, Eight (8) outs per round (round 1&2) / Ten (10) outs (round 3)
- Eight (8) Hitters per All-Star Team
- Either a Home Run or it’s an Out
- Can use aluminum bats for two (2) outs per round
- Home runs with wood = 3 points
- Home runs with aluminum = 1 point
- Points from every round rollover to the next round.
Round 1: Eight (8) hitters from the National and Eight (8) from the American
- Top three (3) hitters from both clubs advance to next round
Round 2: Three (3) hitters from the National and Three (3) from the American
- Top two (2) hitters, regardless of All-Star team, advance to final round
Round 3 (Championship Round): Top two hitters in derby thus far
- Hitter with the most total points after round three (points from rounds 1-3 combined) is crowned Champion
National All-Star Participants:
1) Chase McDonald (Morehead City Marlins and East Carolina)
2) Terrell Joyce (Peninsula Pilots and Florida State College)
3) Ryan Mathews (Wilson Tobs and NC State)
4) Hunter Ridge (Asheboro Copperheads and UNC Wilmington)
5) Eli Hynes (Martinsville Mustangs and Memphis)
6) Travis Benn (Florence RedWolves and Mercer)
7) Anthony Nunziato (Martinsville Mustangs and Lander)
8) Zach Stephens (Morehead City Marlins and Tennessee Tech)
American All-Star Participants:
1) Trey Holmes (Asheboro Copperheads and Appalachian State)
2) Eric Grabe (Fayetteville SwampDogs and Tampa)
3) Axel Johnson (Forest City Owls and TCU)
4) Zach Smith (Columbia Blowfish and Erskine)
5) Daniel Aldrich (Wilmington Sharks and College of Charleston)
6) Tony Micklon (Florence RedWolves and Presbyterian College)
7) Chad Carman (Outer Banks Daredevils and Oklahoma City)
8) Cody Davis (Fayetteville SwampDogs and Tampa)
Key Dates and Releases:
Key Dates and Releases:
- 2011 CPL All-Star Coaches Announced press release - Monday, July 11 - 11 a.m.
- 2011 National CPL All-Star Team Announced press release - Tuesday, July 12 - 11:30 a.m.
** Marlins’ Stephens Replaces Peninsula’s Pinder on National Team press release
- 2011 American CPL All-Star Team Announced press release - Wednesday, July 13 - 11 a.m.
- 2011 CPL All-Star Home Run Derby Participants Announced press release - Thursday, July 14 - 11 a.m.
- 2011 CPL All-Star Umpires Announced press release - Friday, July 15 - 11 a.m.
Fan Fest - Sunday, July 17th:
- Gates open - 5:00 p.m.
- Team workouts and autograph sessions
- Second Annual Guns-N-Hoses charity softball game
- CPL All-Star Home Run Derby
All-Star Game - Monday, July 18th:
- Gates open - 5:30 p.m.
- First pitch - 7:05 p.m.
- Award Ceremony after the game
- Fireworks after the game