2010 All-Star Game
The Coastal Plain League 2010 All-Star Fan Fest and All-Star Game will be hosted by the Forest City Owls on July 19th and 20th at McNair Field in Forest City, N.C.
The two-day event will feature a Fan Fest on the night before the All-Star Game, highlighted by a All-Star Home Run Derby. The league’s annual All-Star luncheon and All-Star Game will take place the following day. There will be several opportunities for fans to interact with the All-Stars during the event.
How Players Are Selected:
The 2010 Coastal Plain League All-Star Teams will be voted upon by each of the 15 head coaches and one media representative for each club. Possible All-Star candidates will be listed by position on their respective divisional (North, South, West) ballot, of which the coaches and media will vote from. Head coaches will not be allowed to vote for their own players, while Media reps will. The votes will be tallied and the 54 All-Stars will be known.
Then, the two All-Star head coaches will take part in a draft to see which team (National or American) each All-Star player will end up on. The All-Star head coach with the highest winning percentage in the first half of the regular season will pick first and via a teleconference with the League office, the two coaches will go back and forth filling their rosters until the last player is taken.
How Coaches Are Selected:
The 2010 Coastal Plain League All-Star Coaches will be determined based on First-Half Champions and overall winning percentage in the first half. The two All-Star head coaches will be the two coaches with the best overall winning percentage in the first half and who also won their respective division’s First-Half championship. The remaining coach from the other divisional First-Half championship team will be an assistant for one of the two All-Star teams based on geographics.
Out of the remaining coaches, the one with the next best overall winning percentage in the first half will be the other assistant coach. Finally, the remaining head coaches from the remaining CPL clubs not represented yet will all serve as an assistant for one of the two All-Star teams.
- Box Seat: $12
- Reserved General Admission: $11
- General Admission: $10
2010 Home Run Derby Rules:
- Three Rounds, Eight (8) outs per round (round 1&2) / Ten (10) outs (round 3)
- Eight (8) Hitters per All-Star Team
- Either a Home Run or it’s an Out
- Can use aluminum bats for two (2) outs per round
- Home runs with wood = 3 points
- Home runs with aluminum = 1 point
- Points from every round rollover to the next round.
Round 1: Eight (8) hitters from the National and Eight (8) from the American
- Top three (3) hitters from both clubs advance to next round
Round 2: Three (3) hitters from the National and Three (3) from the American
- Top two (2) hitters, regardless of All-Star team, advance to final round
Round 3 (Championship Round): Top two hitters in derby thus far
- Hitter with the most total points after round three (points from rounds 1-3 combined) is crowned Champion
American All-Star Participants:
1) Jake Magner (Edenton Steamers and North Dakota)
2) Trey Hernandez (Florence RedWolves and Texas A&M – Corpus Christi)
3) Kevin Deese (Asheboro Copperheads and West Alabama)
4) Ryan Daughtry (Wilson Tobs and Barton College)
5) Cass Hargis (Thomasville HiToms and Southeastern Louisiana)
6) Matthew Black (Martinsville Mustangs and Mercer)
7) Brian Billigen (Edenton Steamers and Cornell)
8) Justyn Carter (Morehead City Marlins and Saint Peters)
National All-Star Participants:
1) David Chester (Gastonia Grizzlies and Pittsburgh)
2) Chas Crane (Peninsula Pilots and Winthrop)
3) Will Skinner (Forest City Owls and Middle Tennessee State)
4) Mac Doyle (Florence RedWolves and Wofford)
5) Nick Orvin (Columbia Blowfish and The Citadel)
6) Jacob Wilson (Asheboro Copperheads and Memphis)
7) Danny Canela (Forest City Owls and N.C. State)
8) Ronnie Freeman (Florence RedWolves and Kennesaw State)
Key Dates and Releases:
Key Dates and Releases:
- 2010 CPL All-Star Coaches Announced press release - Monday, July 12 - 11 a.m.
- 2010 American CPL All-Star Team Announced press release - Tuesday, July 13 - 11 a.m.
-Fayetteville’s Carlson to Replace Cannon on American All-Star Team press release
- 2010 National CPL All-Star Team Announced press release - Wednesday, July 14 - 11:30 a.m.
- 2010 CPL All-Star Umpires Announced press release - Thursday, July 15 - 11 a.m.
- 2010 CPL All-Star Home Run Derby Participants Announced press release - Thursday, July 15 - 11 a.m.
Fan Fest - Monday, July 19th:
- Gates open - 5:00 p.m.
- Team workouts and autograph sessions
- CPL All-Star Home Run Derby
- Concert: Rocky Yelton and the Hired Guns
All-Star Game - Tuesday, July 20th:
- First pitch - 7:05 p.m.
- Award Ceremony after the game
- Fireworks after the game